Intro

This blog is dedicated to updates and info on the life of Jackson Nathanael Adam. Jackson was critically ill when born and had to go on ECMO (heart and lung bypass). He made a miraculous recovery, and this is his story! Our intention with this blog was to update friends and family on Jackson's progress and specific prayer requests we had during his extensive stay in the NICU. We will probably move to a family website at some point. :) Thank you for loving him!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Yesterday's Events!!

Yesterday...
Jackson got a Sugarbear!

"What is a Sugarbear", you ask...
Every baby that comes into the Intensive Care Nursery at Children's Mercy gets a Sugarbear courtesy of the Baileys. Here is the story that comes with the Sugarbear:

"A Gift from Colin's Sugarbears

Colin was given this bear by close friends during his stay in the intensive care nursery. He loved his bear; he used his fingertips to caress the soft, soothing fur. Our son may not have been able to hear or see the world around him, but this little bear brought him such comfort. We can only hope it will make your little one's stay a little more bearable.

Love, The Baileys"

He also got a whole binky!! (He used to have one cut in half so it would go around the ventilator tube)
Sprawled out, Jackson is one big baby! Almost too long for the warmer that he has been lying in for over two weeks....
Luckily...
Jackson upgraded to a crib!!

...and, apparently, the crib, the binky, and the Sugarbear make make a pretty sweet combination!!
And...

Jackson got to wear clothes for the fist time! Check it out!! The "one arm out" look is all the rage in the nursery among kids with IV lines. :)

20 comments:

emily said...

YES! loved the pictures...he is absolutely adorable...and absolutely HUGE! I love him! He has such a sweet face!

kate1120 said...

It looks like he loves that bear! I hadn't really thought about the fact that he hasn't been able to wear clothes - but it's so exciting that he can now! He looks great in white! :)

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely precious...we can't wait to see even more of Jackson's personality...a little cuddler!

The Bardgett's

Anonymous said...

aww he is adorable...yay for him :D

Buck and Jess! said...

What awesome pictures and your enthusiasm is contagious :o) Thanks for documenting his progress--what a little doll :)

Anonymous said...

All I can say is cute, cute, cute! Keep those pictures coming! I'll keep prayin!
Shirley :)

My Three Sons said...

How precious. He is such a miracle. I will continue to pray for his full recovery.

God Bless

abrahamjerichomccoy said...

Thrilled, absolutely thrilled to see pics of your BIG BOY!!! He is so sweet and Praise God for his progress! Praying for you Melissa to get better so you can join Joe at Jack's side. Thank you for your blog, we are always anxious to check it and see more of Gods work in Jackson. Love you guys!

Shadley said...

awesome!!!! i love the one arm out look!!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures! Melissa, your Thanful comments were so moving. I have never met you, but Nathanael and Jackson are two lucky men indeed!
Karin Culver

Rachel Bardwell said...

He has seriously chunky, kissable cheeks. He is stylin' now with his new crib!!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
How exciting is this new development? I am so thrilled and thankful for your family and awed at the work God is doing for Jackson. He is just so stinkin' adorable. I would have a serious headache from restraining myself from kissing him all over if I were you!
In Him,
Maggie Mnayer

Anonymous said...

Jackson is a whopper! I am so addicted to checking in on him via this blog---wonder what I'll do when he goes home!! It is wonderful that he is doing so well and hopefully Melissa is feeling better too.

Sodacoaster said...

i'm sure that the bear is nice and warm and cozy for him - and clothes!!! YAY i bet they feel good and cozy for him too. what a tall boy!!

love you and will keep praying for his progress and for yours as well.


love,
R - IL

House of Chang said...

Thanks for posting the pictures and good news! He is a beautiful baby and we're so, so grateful that God is healing him! We're praying for all of you...

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa and Joe! I just read your prayers and I tell you they were so touching and heartfelt and beautiful--they made me cry! What a good-looking family you are! Jackson is such a cutey! I can't thank you enough for keeping us up on all that has been happening with you. It has been such a wonderful testimony of how God has loved and carried you thru such a difficult time. You have been a real inspiration to me and I feel like I know you a little better, having read your blog. We love you! Bette Jo and Richard Hauber

Anonymous said...

Jackson,Melissa and Joe you all are such a beautiful family. I pray mommy is a lot better. God is so good. Jackson is so cute. KY is still praying for you all. We prayed for him at church and I can't wait till next week to show them his picture. Thank You Dear Jesus for this dear family. Please keep them in Your care and continue letting Jackson improve we Praise You for what You have done already and what You are going to do. Keep Melissa well and Joe strong. When I come to Kansas City I want to see Jackson and hold him. I Love you guys. Jeanette from KY

chadmander said...

Melissa, this is Chad Anderson. I talked to Brad about your little one and will be praying for both of you. :-) Congrats!

Anonymous said...

We have been praying for baby Jack's progress. We are so thankful when we hear of his improvements. We have been praying for him and for you also Missy.May the Lord bless you and keep you strong and continue to give us good news. Love Bruce and Geneva

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've been away from my computer for a few days and missed so much! He looks so precious in his little sleeper with his bear. Aidan has a bear that he loves!!
Huzzah for baby Jackson!
Brent & Amy