Hello all! So we had something sort of exciting happen last night....Jackson was trying to open his eyes! I know this seems like a small thing, but for us it was just beautiful and amazing to see his little peepers trying to open. :) We are posting a picture for your viewing plea
sure... it was an encouraging end to a somewhat discouraging day. We found out he has dark blue beautiful eyes- we shall see what they end up as. :) It was just so beautiful because it was almost like there was this connection that we hadn't been able to make with him prior to this- to see his eyes try to follow us as we leaned in and talked to him, sang to him, and prayed over him was just amazing. It was a little emotional. :) Also, tonight they had to change his bedding again (as the little man has peed through his diaper many times) :) and the nurses had me help lift him. It was a little emotional for me getting to actually touch him and hold his little back as we can only usually only hold his foot and head and little hand amidst many wires and monitors a
nd cords. What a blessing to be able to love him like that. Joe was video-taping away. :) Anyway, we praise God for the little encouragements He sends our way. And we also thank the Lord for how all of you have encouraged us so greatly. It is easy to get discouraged as we long to take our little boy home, or at the very least to hold him... and then we read your emails of encouragement, prayers, and Scripture, and we are so thankful for the support, love, and prayers you all have sent. Please keep them coming- we will do our best to keep the updates coming.
UPDATE~ Jackson's oxygen saturation levels were still low as of tonight. They increased the flow on the ECMO machine, increased the ECMO oxygen level to 75%, and increased the rate on the respirator...all of which have failed to bring his oxygen up to the desired levels. He is still stable, however, the higher oxygen levels would contribute to his recovery.
Thank you all again for your support and prayers. We love you all!
16 comments:
Hi Missy~ We are praying for your little guy and trust that you are feeling better too. So glad your parents are there with you. Love, Barb & Steve Wilson (our son Dave goes to Bethany and we go to Grace in Iowa City)
Hi Missy! I am praying for little Jackson as well as you and Joe. I will try to come on here to read your updates. My heart is with you.
Laura (Cannon)
We rejoice with you that little Jackson is taking baby steps in trying to open his eyes. He is loved much and is prayed for throughout the day. What a heritage of faith surrounds him.
xoxox
Arnie & Diana Schoeman from California
Hi Missy & Joe & Jack
He is so handsome!!! We are all up here parying for the little guy. It is so nice that he opened his eyes gives you that much more hope that he is doing ok. I love you all I will keep looking on here to see how he is doing everyday. Missy I hope you are feeling better.
Love you all so much,
Jonna Grandon
Wow, he looks just like a little Joe with his eyes opened! And I love all his dark hair. What a beautiful little boy! My family continues to pray for you all!!
Hi Melissa...
We have corresponded a few times on EBC and I want to let you know that I'm praying, and also would love to do something for you guys since I live right here in KC. I know you have family around you now, but if there is anything at all you could use help with, PLEASE don't hesitate to let me know.
Becky Klingler
Hey Missy,
Andy Baerg here...long time no see! We are praying for you guys every day. My son was delivered by emergency c-section too so I know a little bit of what you're going through. Hang in there... I have a feeling God has big things planned for your guy!!
Andy
Hi guys! It is Tim and Michele Borntreger from Florida. We just wanted to offer our prayers to you. I don't know if you remember, but our 2nd son, Jonny went through a very similar situation when he was born. I know how hard this is to go through. But, you have to know that God is on your side and take comfort in that. He is in control. I also want to give you a verse that was given to us when Jonny was in the NICU and it gave us so much peace.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jer 29:11
We love you and pray for Jackson and for you both! Please call anytime if you need to talk...941-302-0724
Love,
Tim, Michele, Jacob and Jonathan Borntreger
Did you ever take Lev's child development class? There IS a bond that happens when baby looks at Mommy and Daddy!!
I know that Jack feels your love and that God hears every prayer that you say for him.
love,
Rachi
Praying now for the oxygen saturation level.
love,
Rachi
What great news! We'll keep praying for him. Shawn.
HE IS BEAUTIFUL! I keep saying that but it is true. There is a little bit of his cousin Sage in him...through the eyes maybe...what a sweetie. I hurt for you Miss that you can't just scoop him up in your arms. You will never take that for granted once you are able to take him home and no one tells you when you can hold him! I am so sorry for that...but I know God is at work here and there is a sovereign plan in place. We have so much trust in Him and that He works all thing for the good for those that love Him and are called according to His purposes!!
wow, miss. i'm sitting here at work with all my little ones tearing up bc i just read through the update for today as well as the comments. he is so beautiful with his eyes open (he's beautiful anyway!)...but how special that God gave you that connection that had been lacking before. love you girl...praying for the three of you and especially those oxygen levels...and for continued little encouragements that only God can give throughout the days.
Hey Missy,
Jack is so beautiful! Know that we are praying for all of you. He is such a blessing and will have quite a testimony.
Love,
Mac, Nicole, and the kids (Dhooge)
hi joe and missy. you guys have been on my heart, as well as jack. reading your words and seeing the photo brought tears to my eyes. we have had a taste of the kind of pain you are feeling as new parents, and it is easy for me to feel your pain. what a blessing to see his sweet little eyes open!
anyway, i am praying for you and thinking of you often!!! We worship a God of miracles and in that we can trust.
Hey guys,
We are thrilled for this blog to update us. As i (Jocelyn) was reading it, it brought me to tears, but tears of joy as I was invisioning the moment you got to help the nurse in lifting him. Praise God for these small, precious moments!!! Ive been thinking of you throughout the days and praying for his important little life. He is a treasure, absolutely gorgeous. Matt is at a summer camp so Im keeping him informed and he sends his love and prayers as well. Love you guys!
Post a Comment