Hello all. Sorry this has taken so long to get up and running. Things have been a bit crazy here but hopefully now that we have this started this will be an easy way for us to communicate with all of you on Jackson's progress and ways you can be praying for him. At the moment, Jackson is stable (no news is good news) and in about 10 minutes, we will most likely meet with the doctor again as they do another assessment and work with him. He has been a little active tonight, which isn't necessarily cause for concern, but they would like him to remain as rested as possible at the moment so we are hoping that he settles down. :) Any movement or activity/stress makes his lungs and heart work harder, which is exactly what the machine is attempting to help him with and build up his strength. Sooooo....we are hoping it is a quiet night. :)
Anyway, we want to apologize for not keeping everyone updated as often as we would like. This has been extremely difficult as cell phone use is not permitted on the unit, and we are here most of the day. When we get home, most of our time is spent preparing for the next day and attempting to rest. :) However, we get wireless access up on the unit so we thought this would be a good way to keep up with everyone. Thank you all so much for your support, love, and prayers. Please know how grateful we are. :) God is a good, faithful God who answers prayers and we ask that you continue to petition Him for our little one's life.
Following this entry, we will be compiling a "Day 1, Day 2" history of entries that will hopefully help you all understand what exactly is going on and how we got to this point, with Jackson being on ECMO and in the Neointensive Care Unit at Children's Mercy Hospital. It will be a long haul, with Jackson most likely being here for at least a month, so your continued prayers will be vital.
Please be watching for updates soon!! I will try to finish the first couple of entries tonight, but we will probably be meeting with the doctors and nurses soon here again (they meet at midnight) so I may not get as much done as I intend. Once we get a good start on everything, it will be easier to update as specific things occur.
We love you all, thank you for praying!!
Joe, Melissa, and Jack :)
Intro
This blog is dedicated to updates and info on the life of Jackson Nathanael Adam. Jackson was critically ill when born and had to go on ECMO (heart and lung bypass). He made a miraculous recovery, and this is his story! Our intention with this blog was to update friends and family on Jackson's progress and specific prayer requests we had during his extensive stay in the NICU. We will probably move to a family website at some point. :) Thank you for loving him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
27 comments:
Good idea!
No need for apologies! You guys are rocking Satan's face like a grizzled old blind blues man.
2Ch 16:9: The eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose hearts are completely His.
Don't stop a-rockin.
Don't apologize for the lack of updates...we all understand and would rather have you with your son!! We will take what we can get and we trust that if you need us, you will let us know without hesitation!
Thanks for the updates. we will continue to pray for your precious family. In Jesus name little Jackson is whole and his recovery will astonish the doctors. Amen. Aunt Mary
Congrats on Jacks arrival...I am so sorry to hear that he is in the NICU at Children's. My little Ezra spent 2 1/2 weeks there when he was born and they are absolutly AMAZING there. He is in GOOD hands. Including Ezra I have had 4 kids spend time in the NICU after birth so I am here for you with much understanding and any support I can give. I am praying for your little guy as well as the both of you. Can you touch the little guy at all? It does wonders for their healing if they let you touch him.I am here if you need anything!With Much Love The Grosko's!
Please know that there are people EVERYWHERE in the body of Christ praying for your little guy! I'm praying for 'unexplainable' recovery and healing that will glorify God and leave them scratching their heads! By the way, the name ROCKS!! -Laura McCarragher
Heard the news from Jackson's Uncle Brad and Aunt Tara and we have been praying for all of you.
Since my own words would fall short, I will share from His Word, that which I know is the cry of your heart...
"Whom have I in heaven but You?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
- Psalm 73:25-26
Praying that God will give you the strength to continue this as your heart's cry even during the most challenging times of this difficult journey and when the weariness wants to set in, that our great God will refresh you as only He can. Know that we will continue to keep you all in our prayers.
I am SOOO glad you've started this blog! We pray for Jackson (and his Mommy an Daddy) several times a day. Now we'll know specifically what to pray for! If you get a chance, I'd love to hear what he looks like. Does he resemble either of you at all?
Hey you two-
Congratulations, and Happy Father's Day, Joe! Just wanted you to know you're all 3 in my thoughts and prayers. Hold each other up, and God will do the rest.
I love you both,
Mejo
sweet sweet boy! I'm praying for him and for his lungs and for him to rest. I'm praying for you guys that you would worship Jesus and continue to trust Him. I love you!
The picture of your hands is so moving--an unbreakable bond. Finally, you can all be together! This road ahead will be long, but know you are not alone. You have your beautiful Creator by your side, and all of us behind you, praying for you, crying with you, and loving you.
Missy,
We will continue to pray for little Jackson and you and your family. I am so glad his situation is getting better and I hope you have enough rest too. Just update the blog when you think you are not tired.
Thanks for keeping us updated. My heart is so heavy for the three of you and I pray that everything will work for the good. Love you guys! and can't wait to meet little Jackson some day!
Thanks for keeping us posted. The blog is a great idea for family and friends that live far away. Ryan and I are keeping little Jack Adam in our prayers. We are also praying for you two as well. Support from family and friends is important. We love you all and we will keep in touch.
praying for you guys! thinking about you a lot! Job 42.2 is a verse i claim almost everyday!
Your Bishop Spencer Place family is sending our thoughts and prayers! We are close by if you need anything at all!
Melissa, Cindy & Freedom
I am praying for you and don't worry about keeping me posted. God knows what you need more than I do anyway:) I love you three very much! - Becky J
My prayers are with you that Jackson will be able to come home soon and that you will have the strength you need during this time.
Missy,
Since I have heard what you are going through, you and your baby have filled my mind and heart. I love you and my prayers are continually with you and your little one.
God bless you all.
Praying for Jackson and all of your family as we watch Jesus touch Him with His healing and strength.
Your California Cousins,
Arnie & Diana
We prayed for you, and for Jackson in small group. His name and his face is ever before the Lord. We love you all. Let us know when we can visit.
Kevin
Thanks for using this as a way to keep everyone updated! We want you to know that we are praying for you and Jackson and hope he will be home with you in no time! We'll keep checking this site. Take care.
Allen and Beci Lankford
Sending our love and letting you know we continue to pray! Also sent a hug "via" your dad tonight...make sure you claim it when you see him next!
Joe, Melissa and Little Jack Adam....Congratulations one your new arrival...Sorry to hear of the complications with Jack….We all are saying extra prayers for you and Jack here in Florida....Your cousin Jeremy
Melissa and Joe,
Congratulations! What a beautiful baby! Such a chunk! His arrival has caused quite a stir at Bishop Spencer Place. We are thrilled he has arrived and hopeful life as you imagined with him will begin soon. We can't wait to meet him! Know loving thoughts and prayers are coming your way. Melissa, you are an amazing woman, and clearly a "tough as nails" mommy. There is no question in my mind, your Jack is the same. What a beautiful gift! Amanda B
Joe and Melissa, we are praying fervently for Jackson's full recovery. He is a sweet, beautiful boy and may he be healed in Jesus' name. Thanks for the updates as it makes it easier to know how to pray for his life. Praying for strength for the both of you as well.
Melissa,
Justin Smith posted a link to your blog on EBC Alumni and I found you that way. Just wanted to let you know we'll be praying in Olathe. Is there anything I can do to help?
Jackson and I share a birthday so his little life comes to my mind frequently. My family is praying for yours.
Post a Comment