Hey all,
No real news today. The low-down:
Still more weaning off his morphine and sedative. Poor little guy is having more withdrawal symptoms- vomiting, sneezing, etc. I will be happy when it's over, poor thing. They said that potentially we could be weaned off all drugs by a week from Tuesday, so in about 9 or 10 days. Then the next step would be making sure that he can eat properly and there aren't any other complications and his lungs are still doing well and healing.
Not much else to report- didn't take many pictures today for some reason, the little guy was wide awake and we were talking away. I swear I heard him trying to coo....and later when we were attempting to give him a bath, he was making small sounds when he tried to cry, so that was encouraging. Let me tell you, giving a bath to Jackson is no easy task with all the tubes and IV and PICC line- the PICC line and the IV can't get wet, etc. It is pretty crazy and the poor little guy shivers like crazy. But he does well. =) Anyhoo...he got weighed again as well- he's now at 10 pounds, 14 ounces, more accurate than before now that they think they have most of his fluid drained off of his lungs and such.
He really is a sweet baby...anxious to take him home. :) No real date set yet, depends on his progress- I guess we could potentially take him home with a feeding tube, but hopefully that won't be necessary. We shall see. It will be nice to get back to some sort of routine, or at least be eating at our house and seeing people again...haha. We are now calling Children's Mercy our home away from home as we are there more than we are actually at our own house it seems like! =)
I'll try to post some pics tomorrow- Joe's going to probably start working more, so my computer use may be limited until late evenings or the wee hours of the morning when I am awake as we usually use his laptop to blog. =) I am feeling so much better the past couple of days- thanks so much for all your prayers, if you wouldn't mind continuing to pray for no recurrence of the infections, I would be so appreciative. It's so wonderful to be able to be by Jackson's bed for longer periods of time and handle the long evenings a little better. One of the infections I had was rather rough, and I am so grateful to be getting over that one. Thank you, Lord!! =)
Thanks to all for your continued prayers and support. =) You have all been so amazing. I wish I could write to you all, sometime hopefully I will be able to thank you all personally for all that you have meant to us throughout this trial- but until then, just know that you are extremely loved and that you have blessed our lives in ways that you won't even know until heaven, I'm sure!~
Sorry so short, but things to do and it is almost 12:30 a.m. For some reason, the blog always posts our time an hour or two off, we can't quite figure out why. But anyhoo....I'd better get moving!
Love you all!
Joe, Miss, and Jackson :)
Intro
This blog is dedicated to updates and info on the life of Jackson Nathanael Adam. Jackson was critically ill when born and had to go on ECMO (heart and lung bypass). He made a miraculous recovery, and this is his story! Our intention with this blog was to update friends and family on Jackson's progress and specific prayer requests we had during his extensive stay in the NICU. We will probably move to a family website at some point. :) Thank you for loving him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh dear sweet friend.
I had no idea you were going through this. I saw an update on Rosie's facebook and saw that it was for you and Joe. I am so sorry that there have been such complications.
He is a very sweet boy and I loved looking at the pictures of your family even with all the wires you are a beautiful family.
I have two boys (you will love it...) and I know how precious that time was with them I can't imagine all this that you have gone throught. I will praise God for being so present in all that has gone on. Thank you for keeping us posted on your blog it helps us with specifics to pray for. Jack is in our prayers as are you and Joe.
Love you!
Davina
Praise God from whom all blessings flow. We've been away from a computer for several weeks. What joy it was to read your latest post. We continue to pray for all of you, but especially for little Jackson.
xoxox
Arnie & Diana
from California
Yes Lord, Keep Melissa free from any infections. Continue your healing touch for sweet baby Jack!
Post a Comment