Hey all,
We will probably post more late tonight (so by the time you get it, it will probably be tomorrow) :) but just a little note to let ya know there's not much going on. Jackson is still extremely congested and is having some lung issues. He is really congested and raspy and so they are now starting him on some breathing treatments to try to open up his lungs. He is also still working with Occupational Therapy daily to try to work on his coughing and swallowing. He is doing pretty well. He's pretty pooped out, but we're hoping once he gets weaned off of more of his sedative, that will improve.
Joe's been working from the hospital and I've been holding Jackson whenever possible (making up for lost time) and trying to stay awake sitting in my chair when not as we're not supposed to sleep here. :) We have now entered Day 20 or 21, I can't remember. Looks like it will be a while yet. If you wouldn't mind praying specifically for Jackson's lungs to clear up, that's top on our prayer list priority. He is still extremely congested.
I'd better run...he has another feeding coming up, along with us changing his diaper, taking his temp, and the usual vital checks. We are working with O.T. during his feedings to try to do some exercises with him during his feedings and attempting a bottle in certain ways so as not to cause aspiration. Joe and I are doing okay...getting a little pooped out with all the driving to and from (packing up every day), late nights and me being up throughout the night, we're just ready to be in our own house where we can relax when we have a spare minute, use our phone, and there aren't lines for the bathroom or lactation room when you need to use it. Hehe.
Love to all....thanks for continued prayer and all of your prayers and encouragement. I wish I had a chance to respond to everyone, all of the notes and comments mean so much! Hopefully we'll have another post tonight, but I'm not sure if much will be going on tonight. :) One sweet thing today....Jackson was awake when we showed up this morning and it appeared as though he recognized our voices and perked up when he heard us....it really was so sweet and encouraged me- he has been so out of it with his sedatives and pain meds prior to that, we haven't noticed that as much before. I am looking so forward to all of these fun changes as he starts to become more like "himself." :)
Joe, Miss, and Jackson :)
Intro
This blog is dedicated to updates and info on the life of Jackson Nathanael Adam. Jackson was critically ill when born and had to go on ECMO (heart and lung bypass). He made a miraculous recovery, and this is his story! Our intention with this blog was to update friends and family on Jackson's progress and specific prayer requests we had during his extensive stay in the NICU. We will probably move to a family website at some point. :) Thank you for loving him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Missy and Joe from Marilyn (Maren's Mom) and Jack,
I can hardly wait to read your blogs every day and see what's new with little Jackson. We were in WI over the weekend enjoying Jack's two grandson's, and I wasn't able to check to see the aftermath of the MRI, so I called Maren. We were both delighted to hear that all was well. Again we send you love and prayer and give thanks for all the miracles. Please give our best to Darwin and Eileen. I'm so glad your mom and be there for you, Missy.
"...Occupational Therapy daily to try to work on his coughing and swallowing."
Sobering, humbling, and kinda funny when "occupational therapy" is needed to teach you to cough and swallow. We're simultaneously strong and fragile creatures.
Don't stop a-rockin'
P.S. Joe, I found a fly shop RIGHT BEHIND Bass Pro in Independence.
That's awesome that he responded to your voices! I'm glad for him to have been sedated through all the stuff that would have otherwise been traumatic, but it's sure nice to see the real him peeking through.
We're praying for those lungs!
Brent & Amy
Post a Comment