Intro

This blog is dedicated to updates and info on the life of Jackson Nathanael Adam. Jackson was critically ill when born and had to go on ECMO (heart and lung bypass). He made a miraculous recovery, and this is his story! Our intention with this blog was to update friends and family on Jackson's progress and specific prayer requests we had during his extensive stay in the NICU. We will probably move to a family website at some point. :) Thank you for loving him!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 27...still too cute for words.... =)

Hey all...

Sorry this will be short but sweet- got to get back to Jackson. I uploaded and saved some pics from home before I left, and figured I would post from the hospital....

Here's Jack last night...finally found him a cute new little outfit with snaps...woohoo!! It was the right size and worked well with his I.V.'s. He was diggin' it. =)

Below is a pic of him working with O.T....we worked up a sweat. =) We're trying to keep his muscles and motor skills going as he is hooked up all the time and often lying on his back. He's doing pretty well!

O.T. and Joe and I have been working with Jackson to try to get him used to things being in his mouth. He struggles with that somewhat from being intubated- not a big fan but he is getting used to it! He was sucking on his binkie well this morning, so O.T. was excited about that. Hopefully we will get him comfortable with that prior to starting oral feedings again when he is ready.
I just thought this was cute... =) Snug as a bug in a rug! He still has quite a bit of hair even though he has lost it on places on his forehead and such from the PICC line and other hookups in the past. But he still has quite a bit!! =)
Cutie pie.... =)


Other than that, not much news to report. They didn't end up doing the swallow barium test, they wanted to wait until he had been off of the sedative and morphine for a while to get a more accurate representation of what he could do. Also, they have stopped his sedative as of today, surprisingly, as they thought he was doing well, and are planning on discontinuing the morphine tomorrow without continuing with any oral morphine substitutes. This is good news!!


Please continue to pray for healing for his vocal cords. Thanks to all for your continued prayers for him. When I start to worry, I just remember how much he is bathed in prayer, and it is so comforting. I started worrying about his future with ECMO being relatively new and different complications he may face down the road, and then Joe reminded me that Jackson is God's baby, and I needn't worry about him. =) Even though sometimes that's hard, he is right...we are thankful to be where we are today and know God has something big planned for his life.

We love you all...thanks again for your prayers and continued support!! =)
Love,
Joe, Miss, and Jackson

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Hello, I am a friend of Emily's and have been keeping up with Jackson since I first heard about you guys. Thanks for keeping us so well informed and for the great pictures. He really is such a handsome little guy!
Praying for your family,
Andrea M.

abrahamjerichomccoy said...

Praying for Jackson's vocal cords. What a handsome one you have been blessed with! Hard to believe he's almost a month. Praying God will continue to give you (Joe and Melissa) strength, encouragement and peace. He is truly a miracle baby and God is continuing to pull Jackson thru this. Thanks for the continued updates.

The Monson's

Anonymous said...

Dear Nathanael Joe, Melissa & “Our Little Adam”

These set-backs are just another Bump-In-The-Road. God will take care of him. We believe Him to finish the job.

I call Malinda (Joe’s mom) every day to ask how our little man is doing. I can’t wait to get my hands on him and squeeze him real good. Someday it’s going to happen!

Medical science may say he may not speak but God has done so many miracles in this little boy’s life already – maybe he’ll preach!

Much love and prayers,
Wanta-be Great grandma
Elizabeth Golden
In Mountain Home Arkansas

Anonymous said...

Dear Son Joe and Melissa,

We’re saddened to hear about another problem for your little guy, yet rejoicing that God has another opportunity to show himself mighty.

Sorry for your long days but thankful for the little perks of a recliner and window.

Praying that his oxygen saturation and feeding issues will made whole.

About his voice, I believe Jackson’s going to sing! It may be bass in a men’s quartet….We are asking God for good vocal cords. Meanwhile I’ll brush up on my baby lip-reading!

“There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish...” Philippians 1:6 The Message

We’re so thankful for all the things that God has already done for little? Jack! Thank you both so much for your faithfulness in posting to this blog daily and the wonderful pictures.

Together, in confidence, we will keep our eyes on the Creator of the Pipes!

Grandma & Grandpa Meeks
In Arkansas

emily said...

AHHH!! I love him I love him!! He is SO cute! I just want to kiss his cheeks! I love looking at these pictures as I pray for him, it makes me smile! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Melissa
You know that 4 years from now you are going to wonder how to get this kid to be quiet! He is perfect Melissa, just perfect!
In my thoughts,
Amanda B

Rachel Bardwell said...

This boy is so seriously cute that I am about ready to drive down to KC and scoop him up!! He has the deepest eyes! We continue to pray for him every day and hope that the two of you are getting enough sleep!

Anonymous said...

Hello there Adamssesssss!!! I love the outfit you got him. The stripes are so cute. I know that was fun to put on a cute little outfit. I'm so happy to hear of all the wonderful things God has accomplished and the faith that you both have shown. I pray for you guys all the time. Jack is one special kid with two special parents. God is good and perfect.. so rest in His plan. We don't know anything and He knows everything!!! We love you guys and are with you in our thoughts and prayers. I can't wait for the update that shows the picture of you guys in the car with Jack heading home. :)

The Werths

Anonymous said...

I don't know how he could get any cuter! Jackson is one good looking guy...so glad he is doing better.

Anonymous said...

It's day 27!? What a journey it's been! No matter where Jackson is, or what room he temporarily has to call home, I think he'll always know that "home" is in his parent's arms...right where he belongs. We are continuing to pray, and just want you three to know how much we love and are blessed by you--your example, your love, your strength, your perseverance. You'll get through this because our God is mighty, and He loves you, and you've placed your strength in Him.

Anthony, Becky, Noelle, and Alaina Bardgett

Sodacoaster said...

you're right, he is too cute for words!!! I love his new outfit, such a sweetie pie!!! Thanks for the updates, and continuing to pray as each cord removed represents another battle won.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for fewer hoses and cute clothes! He's growing more adorable all the time.

We pray for you daily, even when don't have a chance to comment on the updates.

Thanks so much for the direction in prayer. May the God who formed those little vocal chords in the first place reform them perfectly! We're believing it!