Okay...so don't forget to vote. Jack's hair is depending on you. =)
Intro
This blog is dedicated to updates and info on the life of Jackson Nathanael Adam. Jackson was critically ill when born and had to go on ECMO (heart and lung bypass). He made a miraculous recovery, and this is his story! Our intention with this blog was to update friends and family on Jackson's progress and specific prayer requests we had during his extensive stay in the NICU. We will probably move to a family website at some point. :) Thank you for loving him!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Mohawk Madness
"Mom....seriously...would you stop with the pictures?!!?" Poor little Jackson. ;)
Okay....a question for you all to ponder- what to do with Jackson's peacock hair? Joe thinks we should cut off the top, but I think it gives him character. We can't get it to stay down for the life of us, so I say we accept it. Please comment and leave us your vote. =) Here's a picture of it where you can see it fairly easily. It's actually funnier from the side angle, but I wasn't able to get a good picture with the lighting so that you could see it well. Maybe I'll try to post another one later if people have a hard time seeing it.
Here's a picture from a different angle....some of the missing hair here is from where his PICC IV line used to be in the NICU and is slowly growing....poor little dude.
By the way, I just have to share a hilarious story from a couple days ago that I forgot to mention in my last post. Okay. So the other evening as Joe was just getting home, I was changing Jackson's diaper in his room. Jack was giggling and happy (as usual) to have his pants changed, and I was singing to him, and laughing with him, my face down close to his. It is always good when it isn't a dirty diaper, as my son usually has 4-6 a day!! Yipes. I was in the middle of my favorite chorus when I feel this spray shooting me in the face. Yes, folks, I forgot to cover Jack up while I was changing his diaper and guess who got sprayed all in the face, hair, and shirt???? I was soaked. Joe was laughing so hard. All he could initially hear from the other room was a high pitched..."waaaa-ooooo-ugh......aaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!" (that is my best attempt at a description of my response). :) It was pretty funny. Needless to say, after a change of clothes and a shower, I will be more on top of watching for that! Jackson very rarely does that, so I have gotten a little lax in my proactive measures!!! But it was very funny. He just looked at me with these wide eyes, like, "what did I do???" He was so confused. And then once he saw Daddy laughing, he started giggling. Little stinker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Keep the hair. Dennis wanted to cut Evan's hair off that was exactly like Jacks's. Everyone I asked said DON'T cut it. So we didn't and eventually it got long enough to lay down. As for the pee thing... after having Ivy first and then a son it was very frustrating getting peed on. It stops eventally! Love reading your posts!
I've seen a lot of babies with that style. Keep it!
Laura Harrington
HA!! I'm loving the hair. I'm all about crazy baby hair!
KEEP THE MOHAWK. HE LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE ROCKER DUDE. HE HAS EARNED HIS CRAZY DOOOO!!! I THINK IT JUST MIGHT FIT HIS PERSONALITY. :)
GOOD LUCK TO YA.
KATIE
You have to keep it! Gerrit's hair was that way too but after about 6 months it started to lay down. Keep it while you can!!
p.s. I got sprayed too...I feel your pain!
Totally keep it. If the faux-hawk is good enough for Maddox Jolie-Pitt, then I think it's good enough for Jack. :)
PS: A friend of mine told me that her little boy's arc of pee once hit a lightbulb and shorted out the circuit!!
i say leave it! my little sis had crazy mohawk hair and it was SO cute!
I agree. Keep the hair. All of my daughter's hair stood up. It reminded me of a physics class I took where static electricity was demonstrated. When a person's hands were placed on this machine, all the hair on the head stood up!!!
It will eventually lay flat.
Jackson gets more and more handsome.
I see the potential for a book in your postings. You are a wonderful story teller with a fabulous sense of humor.
Karin
Okay, let me pray and fast about this. Keeeeeeeeeep it!!!!!!! It is so cute, it's his signature style. He will eventually out grow it and be looking for a new do. Why mess with perfection. Lol Auntie Mary
Hey Missy!!! I have been thinking about you and praying for you guys a ton - it was fun to find this blog and see all the pictures. Jackson sure is a cutie. Leave the hair its cute - plus my cousin cut his babies hair at 6 weeks and it got really corse after that, never had that baby soft hair again!!
I hope you guys are doing well.
Keeping you in our prayers,
Jenny (Leverentz)Sayre
Poor Joe I'm afraid you are out voted, so do I need to cast my vote for you even if I like the hair. For my choice the more hair on baby the better.
Boys have a naturial stream,and if it didn't happen it would be rather unusal. It happened at our home too.
I also agree with the story idea you have a gift of writing and keeping it intresting. We love your blogs.
God bless you all always
Aunt Sarah & family
Jackson is completely gorgeous! Leave that hair and kiss those cheeks!!! I am SO happy to see pictures like this and read happy, light-hearted entries my Mommy.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
I actually have pics of Carson and it seemed like that was the only place that he could grow hair. Now he is two and he has a whole head full of curls. Until then, he is just a little stud muffin with his great hair.
I got your comment and just wanted to say thanks. If you don't mind, I would love to put your blog addy on my blog. Please let me know.
Take Care,
Kaci
You know, Mexicans often shave their babies' heads, girls and boys, so that their hair grows in fuller and more even. It always seemed sad to me.
Elyssa had that hair too. It lasted about 5 months and then mostly laid down. I tried so hard to keep it down, but it just wouldn't happen until it was ready. I wouldn't dream of cutting it because she was a girl, but I might have been pursuaded if Aidan had had that hair.
I don't know, I'm kinda a waffler, I think. Can't decide which way to vote... except on one thing! He is absolutely adorable!!!
PS I heard that Jack is on his first road trip this weekend. Soooo exciting!
Amy
Hey, we are in town for Labor Day! Give me a call if you guys want to get together Monday morning! 319-331-6602 (K), 319-331-3267 (G). Miss you! Kinsey
Brennen peed on everything, and Graysen (while in the bathtub laying on a little baby hammock thing) peed in his OWN face--he looked at me like, "what is happening and why aren't you stopping it?" Well the simple answer to that was I was rolling on the ground laughing :o) Here's my hair tip: Yogurt will keep down any wild hair, it sounds gross, but by accident (babies painting their heads with the stuff) we discovered how well it works, and if you kind of brush it a little when it dries, then the weight of it still holds the hair down and you can't tell the difference! Of course, Jack looks good with his mohawk, so who needs yogurt in the first place? :)
I think you need to keep it. He is just so cute. When he gets older he can look back at the pics and remember the good old days of having hair. Mike agrees with me. Mike is still longing for the days when he had hair.
Love Susan and Mike Spaw
you have GOT to keep it. it's great...totally gives the kid character...increases his adorableness. :)
Hi Missy! It's Cristin Zellmer from Twin Lakes Bible Camp. I found your blog on Angie Hubbard's...I hope you don't mind! :) What an amazing story of all Jack (and you and your husband) has been through! I am praying for you all. :)
As for the mohawk, I vote keep it! Maddox has nothing on him! :) And the peeing made me laugh hard, I have two girls, so I don't have any experience personally but once my mom was changing one of my brothers diapers in the bathroom and he peed all over the toothbrush holder (and all of our toothbrushes)!
Post a Comment