Isn't he so stinkin' cute!!
So I attempted to take Jackson to church today- got a little tricky as he was really off-schedule. So when he got squirrely in the service, I took him out to the lobby to feed him. (I don't try to feed him in there as he is a very loud grunter and squeaker/shrieker when he eats and that would just be distracting I would think!) It's funny, b/c when most people ask how old he is, they are surprised because he is so big. Then I respond that he weighed 9'7" at birth and they give an understanding..."ooooohhh!!" =) The nurse had told me that babies typically triple their birthweight in the first 6 months, and then it generally tapers way off as they become much more mobile. Soooo...for Jackson to triple his weight...well, he is making progress, but has a ways to go. =) But he will probably be chunky until he starts to roll and crawl. Honestly, even though they tell us to expect it, I don't necessarily think he will be incredibly delayed even with the whole NICU situation as he is quite a wiggler, but who knows. =) We are really working hard with him so hopefully the exercises will pay off.
Anyway, so I had to change him once first b/c the little man FREAKS when he has even a droplet of pee in his pants, it is hilarious. So I changed him once. Then we take him to our Sunday School class, where he proceeds to wake up and begin pooping...which, for Jackson, involves much grunting and noise and stinkiness. =) Sooooo mom took him back out (heehee) and in the bathroom he decided to attempt to spray mom in the face. Fortunately, mom was akin to his little tricks and stopped that before it got too out of hand. But it was really funny.
This is what he looked like before we left- very stinking cute in his little Hawaiian outfit!!
Something else rather funny- as I was feeding Jackson, another mom came down and sat by me, and said to her child, "See...look, that baby will take a bottle, why can't you do that? You just won't even try..." =) The gal looked a little frazzled and must have had a crazy morning. I had to smile inwardly even though I didn't say anything, but I couldn't help but chuckle and wonder what sort of things we say to one another without knowing circumstances that might alter things that we say. It was just funny and I thought to myself how thankful we were for that miracle that the Lord has worked in his life. Thank you, Jesus!! =)
Anyhoo...Jackson and Joe are napping, and precious minutes are quickly evaporating for me to get some things done and a little nap in myself if possible. =) Soooo I will wrap this up... sorry no Elmo video Emily....I'm working on convincing Joe that it is necessary!! =)
Love to all!
Joe, Melissa, and Jackson Nathanael =)
4 comments:
It's so neat to see him getting stronger each day. He really is such a cutie and we are very blessed to know him. We've been out of town just a bit, but hope to see you guys and Jackson again soon.
-Ryan and Annette Vaughn
Keep working on the convincing...I think that it will come eventually! I have hope! haha!! C'MON JOE!!!!!!!! pleeeeeeeease!!!!!!
I'm still working on it, Emmy... he did try the voice one evening with Jackson and he freaked out a little bit- I'm not sure Jack is prepared for Elmo to unleash his fury. =) Hehe.
Hey from a mom who is in the throes of potty training a very reluctant almost three year old--maybe Jackson's dislike of wet diapers is a very good indication of his potty training future! I wish my little man would dislike the wet diaper thing a bit more intensely :) He'll be the only kid in high school who is still wearing race car pull-ups :)
Post a Comment