Intro

This blog is dedicated to updates and info on the life of Jackson Nathanael Adam. Jackson was critically ill when born and had to go on ECMO (heart and lung bypass). He made a miraculous recovery, and this is his story! Our intention with this blog was to update friends and family on Jackson's progress and specific prayer requests we had during his extensive stay in the NICU. We will probably move to a family website at some point. :) Thank you for loving him!

Friday, August 15, 2008

Chunky Monkey...we love baseball!!

Okay...I was feeding our child today...and realized that he has never felt heavier. I think he gained a LOT this past week, but we shall see. Anyway, just wanted to post some cute pics. I just realized that the last time I posted was on Sunday and it is now Friday- I apologize! Time flies when you're having fun. And I am....as much as I get behind on everything, one look at Jackson and I just melt. =) He's worth it all! I never want to take for granted the gift and blessing of children and I pray that I remember that when I'm tempted to complain for whatever reason. I am still in awe every day that God entrusted little Jackson to us for a little while- we are so thankful.

Anyway, Jackson is settling into his routine and seems to be improving every day even vocally. I'm starting to get more efficient with things slowly!
Any-hoo....here are some more pictures!

Gerber Babies, Look out!! =)
First of all...here's Jack in-utero...at his very first baseball game. We went to several games while pregnant- the one where we're all bundled up I believe was in the middle of May when we had that random weird snow in Kansas City. It was FREEZING! I was not very comfortable. :) The other ones are from the week before Jackson was born. Hehe. Jack had a blast!! =) I had to post these for the Werths and Bancks!! Bring back memories, guys?? Remember how we joked about Jackson being born at Royals Stadium?

Now, some up to date pics...

Baby All-Star....Jackson humored me during this photo shoot...although I couldn't really get him to smile. He just kept staring at the camera and trying to figure out what it was. =)


My little hip-hop baby...we had to take one with his hat sideways! =) He even has the look down. And of course....our little Royals fan. Even though they're not having a great season, we still like going to Royals games and can't wait to take little Jackson along for the ride!~
Jackson seems to be getting a little more of a voice- today I heard him cry with a different tone and louder it seemed like, so that was exciting. He continues to be quite active and is trying to stand with his legs.

Earlier this week Jackson had great difficulty turning his head to the left, more so than usual. When I tried to turn it as I always do, he would grimace as though in pain and it felt extremely tight. We really tried to push it that night with turning his head and the past few days has seemed quite a bit better but still tight. We're not sure what exactly happened as it really seemed as though he had been improving. He has started sucking his fingers, and his right fingers are the ones of preference, so it may be that he just had his head turned to the right all night even though I try to turn it throughout the night when I can.


We have a lot of upcoming appointments if anyone wants to pray! :) Early in the week we go to the Pediatrician again for another checkup. We also have an appointment with the ENT doctor at Children's Mercy again to check on his vocal cord paresis- this is an appointment that I am eagerly anticipating to determine if there has been any improvement with the swelling and to find out if we have to continue his meds, thickening liquids, etc. In addition to those, we also have two appointments for both Occupational and Physical Therapy. We will keep you posted on results. Thanks so much in advance for all who are continuing to pray. =)


Hope you all are having a lovely week!

Joe, Melissa, and Jackson =)

7 comments:

emily said...

I squealed out loud, at my desk at work.
#1 because of the cuteness and chunkiness of sweet Jack.
and
#2 because of the cuteness of your prego belly! ADORABLE!
I love him and love you!
I will be praying for these upcoming appointments!

Anonymous said...

By the time your little guy hits the tornadic threes you will wonder why you ever wanted to hear his voice louder!!! :)
Hope the appts. go well, hon!
Shirl

Anonymous said...

He is just so adorable! We thank God with you for you beauiful baby!

Anonymous said...

Jackson is just a little "mini-me" of Joe. He especially looks like his Daddy in his baseball outfit. How fantastic that he is doing well. All your BSP fans say hello!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Adam, you were a serious trooper that frigid night at the ballpark. I hope we'll finally get to see you guys and meet little mohawk man on Saturday! Feel free to bring your antibacterial soap ;o)

Anonymous said...

GO ROYALS !! Jackson is so cute!! We will have to see about adding to his Royals outfits!! I am so happy things are going well for all of you. Continue to keep you in my prayers. Would like to continue to be updated on all the happenings. Hi to all of you from your BSP family
Glynda

Anonymous said...

What a trooper!!!
I've been out of state and am trying to get cought up.
Jack is one adorable young man.
May the blessings of the Lord continue to be with you all.
Love
Aunt Sarah