He's still doing well- continuing to eat well and gradually developing a little more sound. He hasn't gotten a lot louder, so please continue to pray for that. The louder he gets, the more indication we will have that he could potentially handle thinner liquids. We're continuing to work on his motor skills- exercises every day and lots of supervised tummy time with a little help working on holding his head up. When we put him down for a nap, we continue to turn his head to the left to try to get him to turn it more that way. The nurse comes again tomorrow, so we will see how much he weighs and how he is doing.
First of all, below is a video of Jackson working on tummy time and holding his head up. He began to get a little irked, resulting in some crying as well as snorting, in addition to sneezing. It was quite the experience! Hope you enjoy hearing his little cry!! =)
Chillin' with my daddy...
Here's my adorable husband....although the pic is a little faded, you can still see how cute he is! I think he weighed 7 something, he wasn't sure, I should ask his mother! (maybe she will call and tell me when she sees this?) =) This is the only picture we could find, so maybe she has some other ones we can borrow to take a peek. =)Okay, so enough being silly....last but not least, here's a pic from the Baby Dedication at Church last week...it was awesome to be able to present our son to so many people who had been praying so fervently for him. Baby Dedication is more a dedication for the parents, where we promise to try to raise our child to love Jesus and promise to try to show Jesus in everything that we say and do. It was also special to have pastor Bob hold Jackson and pray for him- the last two times he saw him, he was in the NICU, once when he was first born and we didn't think he was going to make it, and later when he was more stable but still hooked up to monitors. =) So anyway....that's all I have...I'd better run. I've been attempting this post for several days now and uploading pictures slowly as it takes our computer a while. =) Hopefully there will be more to come as I get better at balancing this baby thing here at home!
Thanks again to everyone who has blessed us in so many ways and continues to help us in this time of transition. You are all wonderful! It has been so awesome how the Lord has shown Joe and I the loving care of friends and family and the support of so many of you to help us through this time. Thank you for the practical blessings you have shown- they are so appreciated as the next couple of weeks will be quite an adjustment for all of us. We ask for your continued prayers for the next month for continued strength for us, and continued healing for Jackson. Thanks so much for being faithful to pray! =)
Jackson has some appointments coming up soon- E.N.T. for follow-up with his vocal cord paresis, Occupational therapy, physical therapy, pediatrician visit and immunizations, and some nurse visits. We will keep you posted! I'd better go...the little man is squawking as we speak!
Love to all,
Miss (and Joe and Jack!)






9 comments:
#1. SO CUTE!!! I love all of his different noises. That was awesome. I love the videos!! keep them coming! (I would personally like a video with "Elmo"...PLEASE?!?!)
#2. I love his hair. AWESOME!
#3. Y'alls baby pics are adorable and you both look SO much like Jack! Isn't that amazing!
#4. Miss...you were a CHUNK! I...LOVE...IT!!! SOOOO cute!!
I second the #2 point. That is some crazy awesome sticky-up hair he has!!
What a sweet video! I just love those baby noises.
It was fun to see the baby pics too--I'm always amazed at how much babies can look like their moms and dads.
And what a special picture of the baby dedication--a time to cherish for sure!
What a PRECIOUS video! So good to hear an update. We've been praying and will continue. Amazing what the Lord has brought you through and to. Praise Him! Aaron & Tamara
That was a fabulous post! So worth the wait. Jackson is such a miracle. I know that God's hand is on his life!
That video was so adorable! For a while, at the hospital, you could see the effects of the sedatives in him and it just makes me want to cry tears of joy to see all the personality just pouring out of him now.
Baby dedication is such a meaningful event. I'm so very happy that those struggles for life are just memories.
We love you guys so much! Our blessings and continued prayers are with you.
Brent & Amy
Jackson truly is a miracle. I am so glad that God allowed me to be a part of your lives. This experience has helped me grow in the name of Jesus by leaps and bounds. I pray for your family daily.
Janel
Hi Miss, Joe and Jack,
What a delight to watch, read, see and hear! To think that God allowed us to be a part of this - it is such an awesome faith builder!
Joe weighed 7/6 and as I recall was 20 1/2 inches long. Very skinny! So Melissa take courage; he is also your child!
Our prayer is that the name of Jesus continue to be shown to all through little Jackson's life and healing.
No doubt you will follow through with the public commitment you made during dedication. There is nothing as rewarding as seeing your children serving Christ.
Love,
Mom
WHOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jackson is like the same baby as your husband when he was a baby. at first i thought it could be thesame baby!!
Gosh! No wonder he gets a little mad during tummy time--those cheeks are weighing him down!
Melissa, having never met you, I must say you have a lovely voice. I am certain your very special son loves to hear you no matter what you are saying.
I am so happy for all of you! God has worked with your family and you have touched many, MANY lives all over the country :)
Post a Comment