Well, today is the day of the OPM (swallow) study. I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm anxious and excited and nervous. This will be short, as I have a lot to do before we take off for Children's Mercy. It was weird this morning as I was preparing his bottles. Normally I mix in the breastmilk with the fortifier, and then measure that out to add the thickener, etc. As I started my daily routine, I realized that I may not have to be doing this much longer. How exciting! I could just wake up, pump, feed Jackson and not worry about all the mixing and measuring that I do throughout the day. Just pour the milk into a normal bottle, or mix up some formula, and head out to wherever we're off to! That possibility is a fun one to entertain. :) The poor little guy would probably love the taste of normal milk, without the thickener! :)
Anyhoo...obviously I'm excited and just praying that Jackson does well today. If he doesn't, we'll continue to do whatever he needs to continue eating well. =)
I included a couple fun videos of Jackson on his tummy talking. On a typical day, I try to have him on his tummy a LOT, and he is starting to tolerate it better. It took a little work at first as he just hated it (understandably since he wasn't on his tummy much in the NICU) but now he's starting to enjoy it sometimes I think as he giggles at the baby in the mirror I set up in front of him.
These videos were taken after he had been on his tummy for quite a while, and was starting to get hungry and tired, so he's a little grouchy....but it's still cute b/c you get to hear his voice and how much louder he is getting! He is making so much more noise, it is incredible! He really has a cry now and wants to make sure I know he can make noise. ;) Heehee. Little does he know I love to hear him cry since his voice is improving so much. Ha!! Anyway, enjoy.
We also went to the zoo with some friends of ours on Saturday...more for our enjoyment than Jack's really. We only went for a few hours, but had a good time. I don't think he got much out of it, but it was fun. :)
Getting ready to enter the zoo! Jackson is excited as you can tell. :) He has a ways to grow in his stroller to be as big as his friend Jake!!
Jackson is really into this.
Jack and daddy by the lions. Sorry, it's a little dark!
Now with mommy! :)
A few more fun pictures of the little man. :)
Joe and I were totally cracking up at this. I had set Jack on the couch, asked Joe to watch him, and ran into the kitchen. Joe and I were going to watch a movie that evening once Jackson had gone to bed. Next thing we knew, Jack had grabbed the remote. It is hilarious b/c the t.v. wasn't even on and the armoire doors were shut. But he looks like he's totally into it. :) Joe ran and got the camera.
One more picture, Jack just being cute. :)
I'd better run, we have to leave in a little while for our appt. I just got a phone call that we also have a Physical therapy appointment tomorrow morning for Jackson. Oops! For some reason I didn't remember. So, I guess we'll be heading there tomorrow morning as well. :) I'm sure that appointment will go well as Jackson is doing better with his head. He still favors his right side but will now at least turn his head to the left, so that's good. The last few days I think I have seen a little improvement on the way he tilts his head, so that's encouraging as well.
Okay, this has turned into a long post. I am running late! Love to all!! =)
Enjoy the pictures and have a great Tuesday!! =)
Melissa
3 comments:
WOW Praise the lord. I love hearing those sounds on the video. The way he is holding his head is fantastic! Thanks for taking of your valuable time to share with us. You & Joe have one adorable son. What a blessing. And talking about not having to use the thickner that will be another huge step. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Love
Aunt Sarah
The videos are so sweet. His chicken hair/mohawk is hysterical! He looks so healthy--what a long way he has come in a short period of time. Stay strong, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Carson and I watched the videos together and everytime Jackson would talk, so would Carson. Carson even said by to "baby" when Jackson waved. Your little Jackson is such a doll.
Post a Comment