Intro

This blog is dedicated to updates and info on the life of Jackson Nathanael Adam. Jackson was critically ill when born and had to go on ECMO (heart and lung bypass). He made a miraculous recovery, and this is his story! Our intention with this blog was to update friends and family on Jackson's progress and specific prayer requests we had during his extensive stay in the NICU. We will probably move to a family website at some point. :) Thank you for loving him!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Past Week

Hey Kids!!

The past week has flown, I'll try to give you highlights of our exciting life. Ha. :)

~Voting. Handing in Joe's absentee ballot (he had to travel last week & this week). Standing in the sun with a tired, hungry baby for two hours isn't the greatest time. Actually, I gave up after a while & came back & voted later b/c I had to feed Jackson & didn't have a bottle with me. Which was really funny b/c I parked at the wrong building, so I hiked down to the other one since there wasn't parking down there anyway, only to wait & give up and hike back. Heehee. :)
~ Celebrated my anniversary with Jackson- haha. :) Since Joe had to travel, Jackson was the next best companion. :) Just so you all know, though, Joe was very sweet and had little cards for me to open every day he was gone. :)
~ Had a fall party with some good friends of ours and stayed up way too late, so much fun. :)
~ Realized that there is no switch on my kid for Daylight Savings time- haha! Poor little guy was messed up. :)
~ Looked at pianos all over Kansas and Missouri on the weekend:) Bought one!
~ Gave Jackson numerous baths as he continues to pee and poop through his store brand diapers- I need to just give up and use the Pampers. :) Nothing seems to work except for them! But I keep trying to use them up.
~ Fixed our garage door temporarily- (Joe) It broke on the weekend, hopefully when he gets back we will look at new doors or get it fixed. We can't use it now. :( I miss it.
~ Moved in a piano we bought from some people on Craig's list
~ Cleaned the piano 3 times- it has a slight musty, smoky smell that I'm working to get rid of
~ Fixed our furnace- Actually, Joe did that, not me. :)
~ Realized that we never ate our wedding cake from the freezer for our 1st year anniversary...sooooooo yes, I am thawing it out after 3 years, just out of curiosity!! Yikes. It is wrapped incredibly well, so we shall see. I have to try, as disgusting as it sounds. :)
~ Raked and bagged our entire yard with leaves w/ Joe & Joe cleaned out gutters on our roof
~ Took Jack to the hospital for bloodwork again- just got word that everything looks good, no more anemia and no more medications, woohoo! AND he has not gotten sick yet! :)
~ Attempted to clean my house- didn't happen
~ Spent some quality time with Joe on Sunday, knowing that he had to travel again this week
~ Kept busy with Jackson- He keeps me on my toes! :) I am looking forward to my hubby's return from traveling. Don't get me wrong, Jackson is a wonderful kid...but some adult conversation in the evenings will be much appreciated. :) I have started discussing things with Jackson as though he were an adult, haha. He doesn't care much.
~ Bought a floor steamer for our hardwoods
~ Returned a floor steamer :)
~ Tried to shampoo my couches- Note key word, tried.
~ Hunted for my wedding ring- bet you didn't know it was lost, did you...turns out I had tucked it away for safe keeping and forgotten- I need to get it resized as it has not fit since the pregnancy. But now it is found. :)
~ Handed out candy to trick or treaters- Jackson wasn't digging on his cow outfit so much. Attempted to get some good photos of him. Not so much. BUT we handed out oodles of candy to cute little kids who were very excited to see our little cow of a son. :)
~ Ate too much leftover candy
~ Ran oodles of errands to the grocery store and other stores with Jack- he was so good!

I'm sure there are many more exciting things that we did that you'd love to read about, but for now I will digress to the pictures, which I know everyone is more interested in. :) First off, our excited little cow. (Can you sense the sarcasm?) Seriously. For as happy as a kiddo Jackson is, he would not even crack a smile! Or look at the camera. It was too funny. :)
At least he looks somewhat excited here. :)
Yes, we were still trying. :)
Beautiful blue eyes- is he cute or what?? :) (Okay so I'm biased) :) I was always a sucker for brown eyes (I love my hubby's) but his little blue ones are so adorable!

Playing with the photo program to do fun colors. :)
Raking with the Baby Bjorn....Jackson had a blast. :)
Jackson kept "swimming" with his little feet, he was getting so excited. Too cute. :) I had a cute video of Jackson to post, but after several attempts, it wouldn't post, some error with blogger. Maybe some other day. It was a really cute one, too, so I may try again.

Love to all!!

Joe, Melissa, and Jackson Nathanael :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Cow outfit is adorable. I love it!
Sounds like you had a very productive week! I'm feeling very inspired after reading all you were able to accomplish with an infant in tow!

Rosie said...

You guys look so beautiful and so happy! and WOW you're productive! miss you lots!
rosie

a said...

So cute! :)

Glad you're all feeling better!

Anonymous said...

So Delighted to hear the "no more anemia and no more medications!" Big God!

How was the 3-year old wedding cake? I expect a wee bit romantic if nothing else!

Lil' Jack looks like he had a ball raking leaves.

Would you tell Little Blue Eyes that his grandma doesn't much care to look like a cow either.

Love you lot,
The Arkansas grandparents

My Three Sons said...

I just love your little cow. He looks so dang cute. I'm in need of a yard raker and it looks like he comes with experience so can I hire Jack for a day?

I'm glad to see all of his bloodwork came back okay. That is wonderful news.

Take care

Anonymous said...

Wow- you got so much done in a short amount of time! Puts me to shame.. without a baby! Cute pics, as always. Thanks for the update.

Tamara

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness.....SO sweet. little jackson is just SO SO beautiful. everytime i see his little face on your blog, i think that. --and you're such a good mommy, missy. it's clear! =) love to you! --sari (for brent and puppy milred, too!)

Rachel Bardwell said...

It is super disappointing that babies don't know that they can sleep an extra hour when the clock changes. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

You are very busy! Sorry that you were on your own so much, but babies do help with loneliness.

Jackson is looking so great! God is good! Before you know it, he'll be running all over the place.

Great pictures!