Intro

This blog is dedicated to updates and info on the life of Jackson Nathanael Adam. Jackson was critically ill when born and had to go on ECMO (heart and lung bypass). He made a miraculous recovery, and this is his story! Our intention with this blog was to update friends and family on Jackson's progress and specific prayer requests we had during his extensive stay in the NICU. We will probably move to a family website at some point. :) Thank you for loving him!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mr. Big Stuff :)

Hey all!

Not much time, just wanted to post a few quick pics of the little man for those who have been asking for them. :)

Jack thinks he's big stuff now that he can push up higher on his arms for longer periods of time. He actually likes being on his tummy now (this is the same kid that used to scream) and will play for quite a while. He's figuring out how to maneuver around, whether it is scooting all over on his back- he's faster than the speed of light- or twisting around on his tummy. He has even started scooting a little bit when it serves his purposes (reaching a toy he really wants when he's in the mood). :) I have a feeling that my days of having a non-mobile child are going to soon come to an end! Most mornings I find him completely upside down in his crib. :)
Caught playing. :)
I just love this picture. He is so sweet!

This is Jack's new look- biting on his lower lip. He looks like he's up to trouble! I have a feeling i will have my hands full with this little stinker! :)

Just giggling.....fortunately, I can get him to smile even when he sees the camera occasionally now!
Jack really loves his exersaucer now and plays in it at least once a day!!

Here he is just relaxing and contemplating life. :)
Other news:

Had our O.T. visit today- Jack had his first taste of rice cereal. It went well, although Jack ended up with more of it all over himself than actually in his mouth, haha. I forgot my camera, otherwise I surely would have taken pictures. :) The O.T. (who is wonderful!) came up with a recipe for mixing the rice cereal with formula so that it's the proper consistency (what is listed on the box is probably too thin for Jackson) and answered all my questions as far as how to thicken his solid foods when necessary, what Jackson can eat, if he can drink from a cup or have juice, etc. I'm thankful that we were able to meet with them because I feel so much more confident in proceeding now! We also got to see Jack's O.T. buddy from the NICU, we call her his "girlfriend" :) since he absolutely adores her. I can just tell. :) He totally seemed to light up when he saw her today, it was so cute. Hopefully she is reading this, haha!! =) But seriously, she has been such a blessing and it is always fun to get to see her on our appointments to Children's.

I think that's all of my exciting news today. OH! Some other fun news- we got a piano! I played quite a bit when I was younger but haven't had access to a piano in a while. I took a class in college so that I'd be able to play but it usually meant hiking down to the building which was a good 30-45 minutes away from my apartment. Soooo....for our anniversary and my birthday, my hubby surprised me with one he found. We had some friends help us move it (you know your friends are wonderful when they will move pianos with you!) and we now have a piano! It desperately needs to be tuned, that's the new item on the agenda. Here's a pic of the guys moving it in!
I need to take a picture of the actual piano, maybe some other day as I really want to get this posted. I've been working on it off and on for days. Blogger is really slow lately and I don't have time to wait around for it to load.

Love to all!! Have a wonderful, blessed, Thanksgiving remembering all that we have to be thankful for. I am so thankful for God's grace- I am such a forgetful creature who easily becomes discontent. I am so thankful for a God who is faithful to me no matter what and who constantly forgives my shortcomings (and Joe can attest to the fact that I have many!!) and continues to love us with a love that we can't even understand.

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Joe, Melissa, and little (or not so little) Jackson

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

Those pictures are soooooo cute! I love all of his expressions. What a cutie.

I was at Children's yesterday. Was that when you had your OT? Who are you seeing there? We have Nancy Sullivan and I absolutely love her. That is my bribe to keep Carson moving. I'll say, Carson do you want to see Nancy and he will say yes, Nancy. So then I tell him to do something and he does.

Anyways, let me know when your going to be there next. We have 13 (yes 13) appointments between today and Dec 29th. Then we start up in Jan 2009 with more. I'm only trying to keep up with one month at a time.

Hope that one day we will have our paths cross!